Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Look Ma, No Hands, Arms or Legs!!! (and I might be missing some vital organs)

In freshman year at college, my roommate pledged a fraternity and brought me to my first fraternity party. As we walked down the stairs to the basement where all of the beer-pong tables where kept, he told me, "Don't walk into the room yet, I have to tell you something." As we peered into the room, which reeked of stale beer, he said, “Here is how you are going to get laid tonight. Spend an hour or so trying to pick out the girl that appears to have the lowest self-esteem and go after her.” This was a trick he had employed successfully many times. Whereas he thought he was teaching me a valuable lesson, something about it just didn’t sit well with me. Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t feel sorry for the girl that I potentially may have conquered in this way but I felt badly for my friend for feeling the need to employ such a vulture-like sexual strategy. I get the same feeling I got that day when I read about the below television show:

http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=8601

These girls deserve to get objectified and laid too but putting them on display like this and highlighting their disabilities feels like it very much appeals to men like my old roommate. For them, the turn on is the easy kill – the woman with no other options and who is grateful for their attention because, well, who else would give it to them? The producers say it will be uplifting but I doubt anybody that would want to paint these women in a positive light would want to watch the show. I guess we will just have to wait and see. For now, I am just going to fantasize about the chick that’s missing a leg and lounging on the platform.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stubs are the new arms and legs!

Anonymous said...

sorry dude, im drunk. you can change it back if you like. no hard feelings. he he, i said hard!

Anonymous said...

i changed it to the one you like. but i still feel bad! wait, i cant feel, im a man. Emotional overload....